Monday, July 2, 2012

7/2/2012:

Today, I am thankful for the following things:

1. Magical mosquito afterbite oil.
- I was sitting out in the lobby trying to get meager internet connection so I could write my mom an email, and in the short fifteen minutes or so that I was there, I managed to get bitten SEVEN TIMES. Four of the bites are close together, so they swelled into one huge, painful mass... fortunately, the convenience store sells a magical ointment only known by the name "green oil," which works wonders.

2. Online rent pay.
- Because even though I'm a thousand miles away, I still have a small space in an apartment somewhere in the faraway land of Irvine.

3. Enthusiastic group members :)
- We had to start working on our teaching plan today... quite a task for a group of six inexperienced, post-college student teachers. Something that college has taught me to despise is the dreaded group project-- these usually mean uncooperative and unresponsive group members, a freeloader that does nothing, and the few unfortunates that end up pulling the weight of everyone else. This group was entirely different, and I'm looking forward to teaching with them already- they're all mellow and down-to-earth, and are full of great ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment