Monday, August 20, 2012

Nell's new friend


For those that haven't met her yet, this is my beautiful bike ! She's adopted, but I show her off like she's my own child.

Her name is Nell, I named after the character Princess Nellodee from Neal Stephenson's excellent sci-fi adventure The Diamond Age. In the book, Nellodee (aka Nell) is a poor, low-caste girl born to a turbulent family. After her father is shot and her mother goes through a string of abusive relationships, she somehow manages to get her hands on a piece of revolutionary technology. This is the primer, a magic book that ends up playing a huge role in raising her. By the end of the novel, she goes from a poor and pitiable little girl to a strong and intelligent heroine. (no spoilers- you really should read it)

Nell has a new small friend today; I bought her a cute little duck wearing a pineapple hat. Taiwan has quite the selection of the most adorable plush keychains.


No comments:

Post a Comment