Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My new Lamy




Meet my new toy !!! It's a Lamy Safari fountain pen with a thin calligraphy nib. 

I didn't have any paper on me when I first received it, so I did a few tests on the only writable surface I had readily available... I hope to brighten the days of whoever I may owe money to. 

photo courtesy of HXP


I hope this isn't illegal in any way. 

So far, I love it... it has such a different feel than the felt pens that I own. Felt pens, while great in the sense that they provide a consistent flow of ink, are lacking the subtle variations in color that make fountain penwork unique. 

Here are a few more tests I did after coming home. I realized that my lines are all over the place, and need to work on keeping letters and angles consistent. My favorite part of these samples are the two letter g's in the second one. 




Thank you HXP :) I'm glad I have someone to share my niche hobby with. 


[currently listening to: Emancipator- Safe in the Steep Cliffs]

1 comment: