Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rainmaker

"Hang out with the world, and you will gain wisdom." 

-Dave Gibbons

I'm not in Irvine often anymore, but today I chose to swing by and catch Sunday service. Today, Dave shared about the concept of the rainmaker, and the drought that comes before the rain.

It reminded me of a "rainmaker" that my mom made for me when I was little. My mom, the ever creative pioneer artist of cheap homemade toys (and this was BEFORE Pinterest and craft blogs !) fashioned a DIY rainstick one day out of an old wrapping paper tube. She poked some short nails (or brads, or something) into the sides of the cardboard, and filled it with beans. I remember being fascinated for hours.

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh.....

*flip*

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh.....

*flip*

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh.....

*repeat*

I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere in the house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment