Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Rainmeter

Just wanted to share a few of my favorite Rainmeter desktop designs from the past year or so! I've made quite a few different ones -- usually whenever I find a really great wallpaper -- but I keep coming back to this layout. It's very calming, and I love how the clock is just perched on the horizon. A bonus is that it also matches the album art of the Angels EP by Crywolf, which I often have playing in the background :)



Skins used:

- ELEGANCE 2: The clock and date. One of the available clock color presents was a pretty close fit to the colors of my wallpaper, so I just selected that one. You can also manually enter a hex code of your choice. The possibilities are endless!
- THE ENIGMA SUITE: The album art display, volume control, and system specs. One thing I appreciate about this volume control skin is the ability to adjust volume by simply clicking on the bar.
- COUNTDOWN IN LUA BY 66VI: It's not shown here, but on my second monitor I have a tiny countdown clock that is set to the next time I see Lucas... #longdistancelife. There were various countdowns available, but I liked the minimal look of this one the best. The image, font, and size are all customizable.


Here are a few honorable mentions over the year!



This wallpaper reminded me of one of my favorite music videos, as well as a beautiful trip on 17 Mile Drive near Monterey!

Other skins used:

THE GENTLE AFTERNOON SUITE: Date and time, which is all in one skin! I liked how the date faded into the sky. I usually know what day it is, so I sacrifice date legibility for aesthetic :P



I came across this really awesome concept art by Yuri Shwedoff, and knew it needed to be my next wallpaper. The original post, found here, came with an enticing story prompt as well:

"The stories told of ancient beings so powerful that they could fling themselves into space and explore the points of light in the heavens."

Other skins used:

- ENCODED: The date and time.



Seven Lions, my favorite artist of all time, released a new EP called "The Throes of Winter". Hi-res wallpapers were released alongside the EP, so of course, I had to take advantage of that!

Anyone interested in Rainmeter can start here! I also like to peruse the Rainmeter subreddit for inspiration :D

No comments:

Post a Comment