Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Teaching Myself Photoshop

I got an old version of Photoshop from Lucas for Christmas :)

To fulfill something I've always pondered, but never followed through.. I shall now actively attempt to teach myself how to use it ! Of course, this is much easier said than done... as someone with zero experience in digital media, everything seems to be on hard mode...






But as they say, any great journey begins with a single step... and in this case, any art piece begins with a single click ! ...hopefully a click that isn't followed by other clicks that accidentally undo the first one.

Other than just messing around with the various buttons, I did actually figure out how to do a few productive things. For example, I learned how to put text on top of a picture ! Yes, I know, this is rather self-explanatory, as well as something that a third-grader could do on Microsoft Paint... but I proudly did this using LAYERS !!! (the concept of layers is still fascinating to me)

So without further ado, here is my first n00b Photoshop creation...


On the long drive to the Joshua Tree campsite, we were stuck on a stretch of long, dark road... to document the eeriness of our surroundings, I had attempted to capture it with my camera. It turned out to be too blurry of a photo to really have any show value. Now, with the addition of text, it gets instant hipster points, and new meaning to live ! The text I chose is a quotation I read recently that really stood out to me.

Hoorray !

No comments:

Post a Comment